Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Arts Walk

Well, it was kind of sad to have missed spring arts walk lastnight. Sarah was saying that it was the most crowded she had ever seen downtown Olympia. I can't wait to hear all about it. I know that my friend Jefferson organized some make-shift outdoor spots for him and some other friends to be able to hang their work. It's a pitty that Ghost Town Gallery won't be a part of it this year! But we will be sure to up and running by next fall, if Sarah and I are still in Olympia. This morning I have been reading about this film that just came out entitled "Exit through the Gift Shop". It's a film about this artist named Banksey and his rise to fame as well as the financial workings of the 'art world'. I hear that it is one of the better films that has come out in a while and I can't wait to get a chance to see it once I get back to the states.
Today we are taking off from San Cristobal and heading on a bumpy 6 hour bus to Palenque. We hear that there are beautiful waterfalls and scenery outside of the city. Yesterday we ate some of the best Pizza I have ever had at a place called "the point". The resturant had this olive oil to but on the pizza that was really spicy and good. We also got a wonderful salad there with all kinds of veggies. It made me realize how much I miss produce. There is not a whole lot to be had here. Besides as much Mango as you can eat. Well I need to go wake Logan up.

1 comment:

  1. How were the bumps to Palenque? "Best Pizza" must have been delishe. To think mucho mangoes! Here it is all you can eat lettuce. Rallying all to plant potaotes today...it's promising to be lovely.
    Many hopes that Ghost Town Gallery will find a new home. To art, creating and enjoying it. Went into Alley Cat Gallery Fri. nite. Such a nice relaxed feel and welcoming mission. Can't wait to read the next installment of your adventures, Mr. Mexico.

    ReplyDelete